So here it is, time for my yearly upper respiratory infection which consists of my bed, a lot of soup, a lot of water, a lot of tissues, a lot of sneezing, and a lot of pain. I'm sure some child at work hacked into my face and here I am... infectious... ew...
While I am going through my annual infection I also know what to expect when I go to the doctor then the pharmacy. At my doctor he usually prescribes some sort of med that I can get over the counter at the store and I wind up way over paying for something likened to Mucinex. So this year I decided to make sure I knew what I was getting.
Sure enough there were two medicines ont he prescription, Augmentin (a timeless classic, like the LBD for upper respiratory infections) and some random medicine that was somewhat like Robitussin. When I usually go to Walgreens, the Augmentin is usually a $40 tab, which, for someone who has insurance is pretty expensive. My boyfriend suggested we go to Wal-Mart to get everything since I am running low on cash and they tend to fill it quicker.
Wow, that's an understatement.
Wal-Mart's Augmentin was $10.00. My overall bill for vaporub, losenges, tylenol, Mucinex, and the Augmentin was $38!!!
Now, how can that be? How can at one place the same medicine, using the same insurance be $30 cheaper?
I try to stay away from Wal-Mart because I like to give my business to local stores or other stores because Wal-Mart kind of scares me.
But if it's going to save me $30 bucks on my prescription, I guess I can cheat a little bit.
-L
1 comment:
So, I hope you're feeling better. Off note, I am totally allergic to Augmentin.
Post a Comment