Let me give a little background elaboration. As I was reading my Real Simple magazine (if you have never read it please pick up a copy, it is one of the best magazines out there). They had an article on the best Web Calculators. One of the calculators was Card Track to assist in getting rid of credit card debt. I need to get rid of credit card debt, it's one of my resolutions, so I decided to check it out. When I got there Card Track was a little hard to navigate and the web page was a little busy so I wasn't sure how I would like it. However, it recommended this website called Mint, which possibly has changed my life.
This is one of the most amazing sites, and best of all, ITS FREE!
Let me List the ways I love thee-
-This website assists you in holistically keeping track of your financial standing;
credit cards, bank accounts, loans, IRA's, 401K, credit score, lets you see a budget and how well you are sticking to your budget, etc.
-It also allows you to set up personal alerts to what you want to keep track of financially.
-I would liken it to Quicken, but add prettier colors and have greater ease of use. Kind of like the Mac version of budgeting tools :).
-It searches the internet for offers to save you MONEY. Not only is this service completely free but it also helps you save mucho money. Immediately it found me an offer to save $300/year by switching credit card balances.
The only thing I could find that I had trouble with is not all financial institutions are on there or on there in whole. They have a section that you can ask for help but it takes 24-48 hours to receive a reply (in this age of immediate gratification that may be frustrating to some), and on my Sallie Mae student loan the username/password will not sync up with Sallie Mae's site, however, I have emailed them concerning it.
It's amazing, it's secure, and it's so easy. I am completely smitten by it. Obviously, I highly recommend it. Try it out, tell me what you think.
-L
2 comments:
I (heart) mint.com.
We've been using it for the last 6 months and it's fabulous. It's better than Quicken because it pulls all the bank account information AUTOMATICALLY... yippee for laziness.
Good luck with your credit card elimination this year. I finally paid off mine this year and it was the biggest relief.
PS - i'm in love with Real Simple. It's simply the best magazine ever. =)
Thank you thank you thank you
Post a Comment