I can't believe it's 2009, it almost pains me just to type it. I generally do not make resolutions because I feel I cheat myself out of some sort of organic motivation. That I am just kind of doing it because everyone else is doing it. This year, I decided to ] put it in print and present to the world my resolutions - but I refuse to number them, at least allow me that rebellion.
So, I, Lynne Dillender, resolve to:
-watch less TV, and invest more time into intellectual entertainment.
I watch A LOT of TV, especially VH1, MTV, Bravo, E!, and HBO. I need to cut back on it. A study showed that people who watch a lot of TV tend to have more problems in their personal lives and relationships due to the unrealistic expectations that TV puts out there related to personal relationships, etc. I am not saying I have a lot of these, but I want to stop a problem before it begins. I want to listen to more NPR, read the newspaper, and read more books. Hopefully I will have time for this considering my next resolution....
-apply to and be accepted into graduate school.
I am in the process of applying to graduate school. I am studying for the GRE (maybe not as aggressively as I should be), paying the application fees, and filling out the applications. My schools that I am applying to are SLU, UIC, Mizzou, NYU, and Johns Hopkins for my Masters in Health Policy and Administration.
-continue working on and benefit from my personal happiness project.
-make my weight and my wallet a lot healthier.
This just has to be done, there are no excuses. I do think it is kind of funny that I am trying to make my wallet healthier as I am applying to expensive graduate schools. Oh well, I will get more out of it than just a piece of paper at the end.
So those are my big resolutions. I think one of the things that may help with keeping resolutions is to revisit them time to time. How often those intervals should be I have no idea, but they should be revisited and reassessed from time to time.
Anyway, happy New Year everyone! I hope 2009 is more prosperous and happy than 2008!
-L
1 comment:
Good luck with your resolutions in 09!
Post a Comment