10.12.2009

I Love My City.

As funny as this sounds, I am still in Cincinnati. Even though I am in this new city with new adventures ahead of me I have spent way more time at home than I have here. Home = St. Louis, is only 5 hours away. Everything I love is there - my boyfriend, my family, my home, my city! I don't even know where to begin.

My boyfriend, Rob, recently moved to St. Louis City after growing out of the Illinois suburbs, which, who could blame him. A young, single professional like him flourishes in the big city. He made this move while I was in New England. He is such a city boy that I was truely happy for him to make this step in his life toward something he really wanted.

We have had so many adventures in our city. Truely tourists in our own city it is so much fun. We have tried so many new things and just really enjoy getting out.

So I don't have much to report on Cincinnati other than the hospital I work at is great, I still love my job, but I am home way more often than I am here - and my assignment is halfway over, unbelievable.

Some things I would like to report on that we have tried are the City Museum, long walks around Forest Park, the Missouri History Museum, Moolah Theater, and the many restaurants we have ate at.

The City Museum, there is truely nothing like it. Words can only go so far as people really need to experience this for themselves. All you need is a "dork light" which is a headlight, knee/elbow pads, and some comfy clothes and tennis shoes. The place is your oyster. There are so many nooks and crannies and out there things that this little space I am typing in wouldn't even begin to cover it. A few things I enjoyed were the wire tubes you crawl through - especially the one that had to be 6 stories arched in the air that led to this long slide, the hampster wheel, and the ferris wheel on the roof.

Rob and I went to the Missouri History Museum and it was very impressive. We weren't really in a museum mood so we quickly went through the exhibits, however the 1904 Worlds Fair exhibit gave a pretty in depth history on Forest Park which was very interesting.

Some of our favorite restaurants are now Plush Pig BBQ on Forsyth in Clayton Missouri. Yumm.
The Oklahoma Pork Sandwich is to die for. The ambiance is fun, the space is small, and you walk out of there smelling like smoked meat (not necessarily a bad thing). If you blink you miss it.
Tani sushi bistro serves the "Oh My God" roll on fire, literally. Not trying to be cute when it comes out you do say "Oh My God", when you taste it you really say "Oh My God". Get it, you won't regret it. C
hinese Noodle House is one of a kind. Extremely hungry after a day at the St. Louis Zoo, Rob and I wanted some Chinese food. We call around (it's a Sunday night) looking for a place that delivers. We call Chinese Noodle house and talk with Peggy Huo. We asked her if she delivered and she asked us where we lived (like two miles away) and she said "Oh no, you can come pick it up" - this resulted in a 10 minute giggle fit between her and I. Hilarious. We then went to pick it up and she recognized my laugh and wound up talking with her a while - very cool lady and a very cool place.

Other places we have gone is the Moolah theater to see Inglorious Basterds. The theater is great, couches everywhere and themed music before the movie you are about to watch (ie. before Inglorious it was all music from Quentin Tarantino movies). They serve wine, beer, and liquor from the bar that you can drink in the theater. A great environment for a romantic evening.

Anyway, that's enough of me bragging on my city. By the way, a lot of things in St. Louis are free. Most museums (if not all), the zoo, the science center, it's wonderful, St. Louisians are truely spoiled.

Love
L

No comments: