9.12.2009

I made it, I arrived in Cincinatti, Ohio on Tuesday.

I wasn't quite sure what to make of the place. It looked a lot like southern Illinois. I arrived at the very posh Extended Stay America and checked in. As I pulled in I noticed that there was a Mexican restaurant directly in front and a bowling alley directly to the left of it. I was ok with both, I like Mexican food, I like to bowl. Already off to a good start.

I brought my cat with me - which was a battle in and of itself. He has never really been in a car for more than 30 minutes and when he rides in the car it's usually on my lap. This time it was in a cat carrier - kind of barbaric, however, I can't have a cat on my lap for 5 1/2 hours.

Anyway.

I started at Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center (now referred to CCHMC from now on) on Wednesday and oh my god that place is huge. Think of Ohare Airport but in a circle, not a line. That is CCHMC. It is very clean and very bright. Windows and kid friendly things EVERYWHERE. Best of all... Starbucks coffee in the cafeteria (score!).

I really am enjoying this assignment and city so far. I went out discovering in Blue Ash (where my Extended Stay America is) and what a cute place!

More to come I'm sure... I just wanted to shout out where I am at.

Love
L

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dude Blue Ash is where my friend Beth works, in a bank. They live in Maineville. It's not too bad of a drive. I'm planning a weekend so I'll let you know.

Unknown said...

Dude Blue Ash is where my friend Beth works, in a bank. They live in Maineville. It's not too bad of a drive. I'm planning a weekend so I'll let you know.