3.14.2009

Officially, this is week two of triathlon training.

I have been working out since my new years resolution post but this time I am concentrating on the triathlon and .... well.... while my work outs kick my butt more than high school track/cross country practice....

I HAVEN'T LOST ANY FREAKING WEIGHT!!!!!!!!

Yeah, ok, my clothes fit better, my body is toning but WHERE ARE ALL THESE POUNDS AT.  Geezo.  

Needless to say I am extremely frustrated with this, however, I am not quitting.  I am just going to wake up one day 20 pounds lighter.  Yes I have used about 3 scales to make sure mine wasn't broken... they all say the same thing minus one or plus one pound.  

I am going to go to my personal trainer on Monday and submit...  Mike... I am yours, kick my butt as you please as long as the numbers on the scale start tipping in my favor.  

In other news...
My car rattles like crazy - I just bought the thing back in november and my car is a 2007.  I didn't think much of it, thinking it was the tires and yes it was.  All four of my tires need to be replaced lol.  I just have to laugh at it. 

I owned my Jeep for five years and never had to replace the tires.  Well... ok, there was the great Poplar Street Bridge blow out of 2006 where I did have to replace two (you can't replace one without replacing TWO!).  But still... that was four years after buying my car, I was kind of expecting it.  

Thats all in my life right now, just counting down until June and hoping my body doesn't break from Triathlon training.

L

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good job on the training! God I wish I had that kind of dedication.

I was doing the Couch to 5K but I started having a really hard time. I got sick, which I thought was allergies, but they haven't gone away STILL (and it's been at least 3 weeks now). I think, maybe you would know a little more about this subject as a nurse, that I may have exercise induced asthma. I know it just sounds like I'm lazy or out of shape but I really do like running... just not at the expense of sneezing, coughing and wheezing for hours afterwards... I need to get that checked out so I can get on the ball.

Anyway, check our peertrainer.com. It's helpful when you need a boost from someone who isn't going to tell you not to worry about exercising because you're pretty just the way you are as an excuse not to go exercise with you.(David)

I also gave up meat for Lent. Thought it might be a good chance to try a healthier lifestyle. I lost 5 pounds, but I'm at a plateau. Need to get back on that treadmill methinks.