3.06.2009

A New Discovery!!!!!!! (for me)

If anyone reading this lives in the Alton/Godfrey area, you may remember the old Godfrey  Meat Market.  It has been transformed into "Food and Fermentation" - a GREAT shop for wine, beer, cheese, and meat.  Holy cow this place is amazing!

While I could not find a website, I found an "attractions website" listing all the things this store has to offer.

Such as:
Over 300 imported and domestic wines (even my favorite the Malbec from Argentina which I can never find this side of the Mississippi)
Dom Perignon and 40 year old Ports
Local Wines
Over 175 varieties of  micro-brew and domestic beers
over 160 imported and domestic gourmet cheese 
chocolates galore
wine racks, wine purses, napkin packs, olives, tortilla chips, crackers, and other party items

Plus, my boyfriend and I went there last night and were trying to find beer to compliment his dad's Chicken Mole (which is another post in and of itself - YUM) and the owner, Dan Bechtold was so passionate and so personal about the beer he sells there that it made the experience very personal.    

That was the lasting difference.  

I highly suggest this place to anyone living in this area and those who do not, it's within 10 minutes from the bridge so when you visit Alton - stop in and say hi to Dan.

L

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah they're really cool, I just went there for the first time myself about two weeks ago.