2.04.2009

New Year resolutions are still in action - in February!  I made it a whole month!  What an accomplishment!  
I'm super excited.

Anyway, in other news, BONNAROO.  

Holy cow, the line up is amazing!   (as I typed that The Hold Steady came on my iPod).

I am thrilled, almost speechless!  

My boyfriend and I were going to go to 10klakes this year but in light of recent line-up news bonnaroo is now on our radar and in our future.

 While I was not blogging last year at this time let me tell you about my 2008 Bonnaroo experience - just the highlights:

- Waited in line to get into the campground/venue for 6 hours in a truck, in the tiny back seat.  Believe it or not that was actually fun because we went with a caravan of fun people.

-Getting FRIED while putting up our gear/tents, which is a race in an of itself due to the limited space (you have to claim your space asap!).

-Zach Galifinakas, Vampire Weekend, Superdrag, MIA, Pearl Jam, Jack Johnson, OAR, Death Cab for Cutie, Chris Rock, Metallica, Umphrey's Mcgee, MMJ, and many more.

-The third day there, when all my favorite artists were playing (Jack Johnson, Donovan Frankenreuter, Pearl Jam, etc) were supposed to play I got incredibly sick with Salmonella food poisoning (use your imagination of how miserable I was).  
I woke up around 6am and started throwing up (luckily there was a plastic bag by my bed).  I was crying to my friend in the other tent "Cara... I ... (barf).... think.... I... (barf)... have food poisoning.  Which in turn bought me a ticket to the medical tent where they started an IV while I was barfing and gave me fluid and Phenergan which is like benedryl x10 that caused me to sleep and shuffle the entire day overhearing others state:  "Wow that girl is f****** up."  Thank the lord our cool neighbors had Immodium so I was able to see Jack Johnson and Pearl Jam play.


Other than getting incredibly sick I had a great time.  I went with great people and now that this year is here I will be going with my boyfriend!  We are going to have a large caravan this year and since I am a Bonnaroo veteran, I know my way around things, what to bring, and what times to be where.

I am also going to ask my doctor for a prescription for Zofran (anti-nausea) this year before I go.

Love-
L

Ps... here is the lineup in case you haven't heard (Acts I really want to see are bolded):

Phish (TWO NIGHTS!)
Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band (OH MAN THE BOSS!)
Nine Inch Nails
Snoop Dog
Beastie Boys (I haven't seen them since like '98!)
Elvis Costello
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
MGMT
Wilco (Saw at lolla - awesome.)
The Decemberists
Gomez
Of Montreal
Rodrigo y Gabriella (saw them at lolla, amazing)
Leonard Cohen
Femi Kuti and the Positive Force (missed them last year, can't wait this year)
Ben Harper and the Relentless 7 (Saw Ben Harper at Lolla, my prediction is that he will play with Phish somehow, someway)
Thievery Corporation
David Byrne
The Mars Volta
Modest Mouse
Conor Oberst and the Mystic Valley Band
Peter Bjorn and John
TV on the Radio (I missed TV on the Radio at Lolla because we were holding our spots for PJ, however, I will be there this year)
Medeski Martin Scofield and Wood
Slightly Stoopid (Saw at Lolla, they were awesome)
Paul Oakenfold
The Black Keys
Michael Franti and Spearhead (possibly one of the shows I am most looking forward to)
Moe
Keller Williams
Bela Fleck and the Africa Project
Erykah Badu
Booker T Feat Drive by TRuckers (Missed them last year, looking forward to this year)
Umphrey's McGee (some of the nicest guys out there)
STS9 (missed them last year can't wait for this year!)
Animal Collective
Girl Talk (one of the shows I am most looking forward to)
Robin Hitchcock and the Venus 3
Al Green (Aw yeaH!)
Ted Leo and the Pharmacists (Saw at lolla, totally worth seeing again)
Ghostland Observatory
Akron/Family, Calexico
Citizen Cope
Atmosphere
Old Crow Medicine Show
 Neko Case, 
Robert Earl Keen, 
Vida Blue, 
Coheed and Cambria
The Ting Tings
Elvis Perkins in Dearland (Saw at lolla - awesome)
Todd Snider 
Tift Merrit
Santogold (So excited)
M. Ward, 
Holy Quack, 
Cut Copy
Okkervil River, 
Deadmau5, 
Fleet Foxes,
Jenny Lewis
The Lee Boys
Mute Math, 
Los Campesinos!
Crystal Casltes, 
The Knux, Blitzen 
Trapper, 
Brett Dennan, 
Pretty Lights
Toubab Krewe, 
No Age,
 Cccome?, 
Dan Dyyer,
 Alejandro Escovado, 
Portugal. The Man, 
Zac Brown Band, 
Jessie Baylin, 
De Nova Dahl,  
Tinarwin, Doves, 
Sarah Siskand



!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dude, where are you seeing the Allman Brothers?

I know they were supposed to go last year but didn't make it, but I hadn't heard anything about this year and I don't see them in the official announcement.

Is it true??