2.10.2014

Intention

Friday evening I was sitting in my living room with my friends Ian and V of Love Affair Travel.  We were drinking wine, and listening to one of the brightest minds and visionaries of our time, Graham Hancock, speak on a YouTube video.

Ian then said - "I am Facebook friends with him."
Me - "Are you sure that is his real Facebook?"
Ian - "Of course it is, I am going to email him right now.".

It then hit me - I am sitting here, in beautiful Los Angeles, California with two brilliant friends and one of them is Facebook messaging Graham Hancock.

The usual question came to me - how did I get here?
Just as I asked it, a wave of gratitude washed over me.

These last four months I have been a part of a leadership experience here in Los Angeles.  How I came to it is how I come to a lot of things into my life.  I get presented an opportunity, I grab onto it not really knowing why or how but just that it feels right.

One of the many truths I have experienced over the course of these few months is exactly how powerful intention is.  When I am not attached to exactly how it looks or how quickly it manifests I will always get what I truly desire.

I had the honor of giving the speech at my 2007 Spring Commencement at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville.

How did I get there?

By talking to myself in the car.

My junior year of college was taking off and I was coming back to my college apartment from my mom's house.  While driving, I experienced this vision of me up on the podium giving my commencement speech.

I then started to give that speech I envisioned while driving in my car.

I focused on what I would say, how I would look, how I would speak, and how I would present myself so I was able to give the maximum amount of impact in the short amount of time I was up there.

After toying with a few verbose and nonsensical phrases I then laughed.  I then thought about how silly it was for me to be talking to myself in the car and kept on driving.

Little did I know that the next year, with my strong intention, I set up myself to give that speech.

Circumstances fell into place where I stepped into a leadership position in the school of nursing with a great friend of mine.  We accomplished amazing things within the Student Nurses' Association, the school, and the community.  This work was noticed - so much so that my vision of me up on that podium manifested.

At the time I could not put two and two together - that I gave the speech in the car, that I was being the commencement speaker before I was the actual commencement speaker.

That my readers, is pure intention.

For anyone questioning if Ian was messaging the real Graham Hancock - Graham answered my friend and then coached him on his dreams.

Intention - powerful, pure, REAL.

Love, joy, and light to you -
L

Suggested meditation:
Gabrielle Bernstein's Morning Mediation: Chapter 11
Suggested podcast:
https://soundcloud.com/lewishowes/chris-lee

                                 

2 comments:

Ian Robinson said...

You're a star Lynne. When are you connecting with Doctors without boarders?

Love you,
Ian

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

You are amazing. This post was beautifully written and really inspired me, too. I think some of the best things that happen in life are those things that present themselves as opportunities and are GRABBED.