1.12.2009

The Wii Fit is very hard to find - and it has been a while since Christmas.  I was kind of/sort of hoping that there would somehow be an influx of returned Wii Fits to stores related to people getting miffed that their loved one thought they should lose weight.  A stretch, I know, it's a mix of denial and optimism to make myself feel better for not having one.

Target - no
Best Buy - no
Ebay - yes, however, it is DOUBLE the retail price, no thank you.

I am starting to believe I am going to have to stumble upon one based on dumb luck like I did my Wii system.  Ugh.  

I do wonder though, when does the novelty ware off?  Is it like a new treadmill you vow to use and do for the first three weeks and then it just becomes and ancillary closet/drying hook?  Or that gym membership you bought for $300+ and go for the first month and then make excuses the rest of the year?  Is the Wii fit just something you stick in the cabinet after you go through all the workouts?  

I want to know, but I don't know anyone who has one SINCE THEY ARE SO HARD TO FIND!

I don't know why I want one so bad, maybe it's related to all the hype.   I have been doing pretty well at the gym so I am sure I can get by without one - but I do believe it would be a lot of fun.  I have paid more attention to my Wii at 25 years old than I did to my NES or Super NES at 6-10 years old with a decreased attention span at 25.

Anyway, in other news.  I have lost 5 pounds so far, take that Wii Fit.  I weighed in for the "Biggest Loser" competition at my work, which I wish would have happened last week before I lost the 5 pounds.  Resolutions are going well.  I still haven't restarted studying for the GRE yet, I keep putting it off. 

Be patient while I digress now to the GRE.   Last night at work, I was reading my Horoscope for January and it was kind of appropriate for the circumstances.  It stated:  (I removed all the planetary jargon and replaced that with dots so you can get the full effect) 

"January 26th can open your mind as the lightning of awareness illuminates your thinking.....January 27 you have waited long enough, it feels like it's now or never.  Nevertheless it is wise to hang on to the status quo a few more days.... on January 30, once you are around this bend you can confidently take the next step."

January 30th is when I am scheduled to take the GRE.  I haven't rescheduled it yet, I am a little freaked out, but it was kind of a swift kick in the butt to start studying.... Now.

Ugh.

If I can only stop watching TV! :).

-L

1 comment:

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

YAY for losing 5 pounds. That's so exciting. I found Wii fit kind of boring. My sister-in-law has one. I would rather play tennis on Wii Sports. =)

Good luck with the GRE. You'll do great