11.26.2008

Countdown to the GRE/Thanksgiving post hybrid
Ok... So I realize that I have not posted in a while. Reason being is everytime I typed something into the text body it converted itself to Hindi. What does Hindi look like you may ask... It looks like this:
इ ऍम टाइपिंग इन हिन्दी
That is "I am typing in Hindi" in Hindi. The entire time I'm thinking that my computer is going crazy so I would give up on the entry. I did not see this tiny little box on the upper right hand corner that is the Hindi symbol and it was pressed. Wonder who did that.

Anyway, I am glad that I am able to not type in Hindi, but also realize that if I ever need to, I know the resources are there.

A lot has gone on since I last posted. I took the plunge and decided to start studying for the GRE - graduate record exam to get into grad school. I am taking it January 30, a Friday, at 0800 - let the countdown begin!

All the schools that I want to apply to require it or require some professional licensure at the Doctorate level (grrrrr... I had to take a standardized test too!!!) in leiu of the GRE or take the GRE. So with that I am studying 7th/8th grade math again and pre-algebra on top of all the vocabulary/verbal content of the GRE.

Let me tell you, it is a LOT harder than they let on. I mean, I guess it IS graduate school. I believe the reason it is so hard is that 1. you are not able to use a calculator, 2. I've been stuck in nursing school land so long that I forget anything but HOW to write a research paper or take nursing school type tests.

Luckily for me when I was in school I loved doing long division and multiplication without a calculator.

Either way, this post isn't about my love of times tables, it is about what I am thankful for - in no particular order.
1. My boyfriend - who is probably the greatest guy I know. Seriously, he makes me laugh.. a lot, and is very kind and giving. I love him, he's fantastic.
2. A family that loves me.
3. My best girlfriends, they know why they're great, I don't need to get all mushy.
4. My job
5. My spirituality - despite the fact that sometimes I feel the world is crashing around me, I know that I will not be given too much to handle at once, and if taken one day at a time, I can manage.
6. My education/opportunity for education
7. Hope
8. Love
9. My Health
10. Freedom
11. Vision

There you have it. I am going to get back to work.

Love
-L

No comments: